Friday 10 February 2012

the FUNdraising begins!

Hello Friends,

Once again I’m climbing on my little two wheeled, human powered machine and making my way from Toronto to Montreal, over 600km, to raise funds for Toronto People With AIDS Foundation (PWA). This time with a bigger goal and a smaller beard.

Your donation helps PWA to fund services for thousands of men, transmen, transwomen, women and children living with HIV/AIDS, and it gives me hope and inspires me to keep biking up all those hills and through all the different kinds of weather. Your spirit of giving is the wind at my back.

And this year I have big dreams. Last year You helped me raise 3600 dollars. This year I’m shooting for 6000, yep that’s a big number but I know we can do it. I’m running on the premise that every little bit counts.

Some ideas on how to find little bits
-Get a jar (a pretty one) and at the end of each week empty your small change from your pockets and wallet into that jar. When it starts to get heavy count it and then send the heavy thing to me. Even if it’s all pennies. That’s awesome.
-During lent (if you do lent) if you gave up something that costs money (buying coffee for instance), take the money you would have spent and send donate it to me. Easy!
-Raid your couch cushions, you never know what you might find!
-You know that giant stack of beer bottles sitting in your (or your neighbours!) garage. Gold mine!

See there are all kinds of ways to find little bits of cash that can make a huge difference for a person living with HIV/AIDS. Let’s make all those little bits add up to something amazing.

And once again, for every 100 dollars over the $2200 minimum raised I’ll be donating 20 dollars of my own to The Guelph and Wellington AIDS Committee. Last year you helped me donate 280 dollars to this amazing local organisation. If I reach my goal of $6000 in donations, that's 760 buckeroos to a wonderful local organization

Thank you so much for your continued support
Sincerely
jaye

Quick Reminder! All donations over $20 will receive a charitable tax receipt.


Please click the link on the side of the page that says "click here to donate" to be taken to my online sponsorship page. or next time you see me give me your pocket change. whatever works best for you.

Also i am looking for locations to set up my bike on my trainer and ride for a few hours to collect donations if you have ideas or a spot i can use please let me know. look for me outside the farmers market in the next coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment