Thursday 31 March 2011

Catching up: training ride numero uno

Tank
I've already started training. Not as much as i'd like but i'm still figuring out where my starting point is. And my new bike hasn't come in yet so it's me and tank, becoming even closer freinds. Tank by the way is my silver with black splatter paint raghleih tomohawk mountain bike. We've been though all kinds of weather, many part replacements and lots of heavy loads. Tank fits me well and i'm kinda sad tank won't (really really won't) make the ride to montreal.
  So a quick recap of my first training ride.

Ride #1. so remember back one saturday that guelph got all that slushy rain stuff. ya yucky. somehow i decided it was a decent day for a ride. just a quick 10km ending me up downtown where i could so my gorceries then come home. the plan bike out 124 to fife, turn on whitelaw to paisley then take paisley downtown. as i said before this was the plan. what happened. i got to fife and whitelaw and and turned the wrong way. beautiful countryside out that way. oh and did i mention i neglected to bring a map with me. lots of learning to be done. I was starting to think "hmmm this seems like a long way" when i hit niska, then downey rd. yep. turned left when i should have gone right. ended up doing about 17km. my butt started to hurt around 15. and all this in the slushrain. good thing i had my supercool goggles on.
Sooper cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment