Thursday 31 March 2011

In the begining there was a bicycle...

So this is my blog welcome. As you will quickly notice i'm not a very good writer and an even worse speller, but here i am bloggin just the same.  As you may (or may not) know this summer i'm challenging myself to do things that are way bigger than me, to take chances, to grow in ways i didn't think i needed growing in, to learn, to love, to explore (to become excessivly and sickeningly poetically romantic...). So one of things i'm doing to challence myself is i'm going for a bike ride. A very long bike ride. On July 24th, myself along with around 400 others will be departing Toronto and over the following 6 days will ride our bikes all the way to Montreal, over 650 km in total. Why would we be crazy enough to such a thing you ask? well i'll tell you, it's a fundraiser for the Toronto People with AIDS Foundation (PWA). This foundation provides essential services and support, to thousands of men, transmen, transwomen, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS and their families.They support our neighbours, our friends, and people in our community. Community is incredibly important to me and this ride is a community of people coming together to inspire, support, and take care of one another. 
This blog will a map of my journey please follow along as i begin my training. and i hope you'll consider sponsoring me.You can do so by visiting my sponsor page by clicking HERE

Thank you for following me on my journey and thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment