Sunday 17 April 2011

indoor cycling 101

so it's a crumby weekend to be biking outside. rain and wind and snow! so i picked up a bike trainer thats been sitting in the basement of the farm house for ages and brought it home. carries my bike inside and hooked it up. first thing biking inside is way more boring than outside, no matter how interesting the cbc radio is. second you sweat a hell of alot more, third the bike vibrates. but i biked for an hour yesterday. i'm sure my downstairs neighbour was getting ready to throw my bike, trainer and all, out the window. oh well. it won't happen that often. but yes cycling indoors not as much fun.

Yesterday Christine got Jillian Micheals new DVD ripped in 30. so we did that together this morning. just when i think i'm in pretty good shape i do a workout video with jillian and i get my ass kicked, and this was jsut level one. there are 3 more levels. doing the workout also made me realise i need to eat more. i'm no good at nutrition i eat well but think i should be eating more. i am hungry, like really hungry, every 2 hours, no matter how much i eat. and that was before i started doing all this training. now i am woken up in the morning by the sound of my stomach grumbling. i have started eating 6 meals a day.  i'm considering getting a sports nuttritionist to set my up with some meal plans, so i can do it right. it's good i'm only working part time because i think i'm going to have to spend a lot more of my day eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment