Thursday 28 April 2011

Normally I like rain

I do. I know it sounds crazy but i love rainy days, i love the intensity of the mood and the colours when it's raining, i love the sound of rain, i love standin at my window watching the wind whip the trees around and watching for lightning, but it's been to crazy out to bike this last week. I'm not a fan of being on my bike during thunderstorms and crazy wind gusts. and honestly i'm not a huge fan of the indoor biking. but this afternoon i might have to drag my bike inside set up a movie to distract me and bike for a few hours. my body brain says "get out and ride", my brain says "hold on bucko, that's a lightning rod you're putting between your legs".  alternately i could do a jillian workout, that'd be good too.  all desk work and little exercise makes jaye feel a whole lotta crazy.

the rain has put me behind on my training schedule too. this week is supposed to be 60km. and due to rain i didn't get a full 55km in last week. arg. well. i guess the good news is my body has been dealing well with the distances i've thrown at it so far so hopefully everything will be fine. i'll just step up my game a little.

last week i went into toronto for 2 events put on for riders. one was a club night at MEC, 10% off the entire store. so i got myself a new helmet (my old one has a big crack in the plastic casing, which apparently makes it unsafe to wear, who knew), a bell (ding ding!), another pair of bike shorts (so i don't have to wear the same pair all week) and a bike pump that attaches to my bike. i now have all the things i need to go on long trips and not worry about being stranded with a broken bike/tire.  the other was a spring fling where we got to try on jerseys. apparently i'm too tiny for any of the men's sizes. so a women's small it is.

this weekend i'm heading back to toronto (i feel like i've been to toronto in the last month more times than i've been in the past year) for an all day workshop expo, i'll be attending workshops on fundraising, bike maintenance, nutrition, etc.  i'm especially excited for the one on nutrition. pasta is my new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment